FortiGate Firewall
fortigate sd-wan merge speed - Redundant Internet

:

I' ve 2 6M DSL broadband line, currently 1 is attached to WAN1 to provide internet service for the company, and I would like to put the other broadband line to WAN2.
Is there anyway i can configure in Fortigate 100 to maximize the use of the internet bandwidth? example like combine the 2 WAN line to provide 12M bandwidth for the LAN users

:

You can only accomplish that with the use of let say bittorrent or a download manager. The problem is not the fortigate, but how TCP/IP works.
lets say a user downloads a file from a FTP site,
the fortigate uses WAN1 for its connection, and wan1 only have 6 mb, if you were to have a download manager then it could connect to the ftp site on wan2, and both connections could work together and take every other byte from the file, then you would receive 12 MB.
------------------------------------------------
You can only accomplish that with the use of let say bittorrent or a download manager. The problem is not the fortigate, but how TCP/IP works.
lets say a user downloads a file from a FTP site,
the fortigate uses WAN1 for its connection, and wan1 only have 6 mb, if you were to have a download manager then it could connect to the ftp site on wan2, and both connections could work together and take every other byte from the file, then you would receive 12 MB.
How did you configure the two internet lines in the FortiGate Config?
I was told the best way to use two lines, is to split the internet down the middle, and assign one half to wan1 and the other half to wan2.
If you have 2 6mb connections your users would have 12mbs avaliable. BUT NOT ON A SINGLE TCP/IP connection.
In other words let us say you have 25 users. They currently share 6mb. If you enable load balancing and add another 6mb line they will share 12mb. If however your problem is that say user a loves to download stuff and he takes up the entire 6 and wants to dl faster simply adding another line will not help him. If he is downloading multiple files simultaneously that will help him. As Selective points out using a DL manager in most cases will establish multiple connections for the DL and therefore can balance across multiple WAN lines.
:

I have Fortinet 100D device, with two ISP line:
1. Lease line = 10 mbps
2. Lease line = 10 mbps
Just want to merge both line (10+10), means 20 MBPS for LAN. SDWAN is already confrigured. scrrenshot attached.
Any idea.?
:

i doubt any fortigate models could add/sum-up both bandwidth similar to your requirement.
Exactly, load sharing is happening on a per-session basis. So, if you have enough sessions, you'll see a usage ratio close to the intended one.

:

15 15

15 15

Mikrotik

:
https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=44748
https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=157667